HOME INTERIOR 2011 TODAY

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A few words on Paint


Taking a break for a few minutes from painting the basement apartment in the townhouse in preparation for the new tennant moving in in a few days. The old but once trendy burgandy is dissappearing behind a thick coat of primer taking it from the dark funeral parlor feel of the last ten years to a much brighter pastel yellow called "Harvest Wheat". Though the rooms will actually be slightly smaller after the primer and paint are done, they are looking much more spacious as they begin to brighten up.

There are too many colour choices if you ask me, especially if you asked me the question yesterday while I was stairing slightly glazed over at a wall of a hundred thousand or more paint chips with names that do nothing for the male of the species. For nearly 20 minutes I read off an endless collage of odd and edible names like Monroe Bisque, Buttered Ham and Spanish Olive and when the home depot girl asked me "can I help you" I forgot where I was for a second or two and almost ordered drinks.

It amazes me every time though how something as simple and cost effective as a fresh coat of paint can transform a space and bring a room up to date. One other thing I learned some time ago is there is no savings in selecting a cheaper brand of paint, brushes or rollers. You only end up doubling even tripling the labour time and effort for an inferior result. Get a quality brand of paint that is going to do the job well in one thick coat. Check the links below.......Back to work.

Blog Post : Paint by Numbers

Behr Paint

Benjamine Moore Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOME INTERIOR TODAY
HOME INTERIOR TODAY
Msn bot last visit powered by Scriptme