HOME INTERIOR 2011 TODAY

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Austin, TX




I haven't posted recently because I was in Austin, TX visiting my folks.  I grew up in Austin and graduated from The University of Texas-Austin.  I make it back to visit each year, but it was this year that I noticed some big changes to the city and the downtown skyline.  I'm amazed at the building going on there!

I had a great time rediscovering the Hike and Bike Trail around Lake Lady Bird, formally known as Town Lake.  Both days I took a run, short as it was, the trails were packed with people.  The trails were sometimes crowded when I was in high school, training for the cross country team I ran with, but nothing compared to now.  I discovered to two new treats in Austin - Stacey Pool, which is heated to 78 degrees by a natural spring, and is FREE; and a fun restaurant downtown, Ranch 616.  Good food, great service and a really fun, quirky atmosphere.  I never miss going to the Whole Foods located at their headquarters at 5th St and Lamar Blvd

I also wandered around the UT campus a bit and was flooded with memories of those days. And, I was amazed at how young the students are!

Russell Hill     760.902.3121     RussellHill@dc.rr.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

HOME INTERIOR TODAY
HOME INTERIOR TODAY
Msn bot last visit powered by Scriptme